Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2020

SLJ: If You Had to Travel to One of These Places

Kia ora, in Te Ngahere we have been doing this activity, called the Summer Learning Journey, you may have heard of this, but it is not the same programme. There were 10 countries we could choose from, if we had to travel somewhere on Earth. The countries were, Australia, Canada, Chile, England, Germany, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Qatar and South Africa. I chose Germany, here are the reasons why, and some here are some quick facts about Germany.


If I was travelling to one of these countries as a tourist, I would go to Germany, here are some reasons why. The rate of crime is low, AT THE MOMENT. The Healthcare System is funded by the Government to ensure that it’s free for everyone, so I don’t have to worry about paying for something if I’m hurt (this doesn’t mean I would get hurt purposely). The architecture in Germany is great as well, and it’s a very peaceful country. It allows Refugees in through the land border, and welcomes them. Germany has a few stunning landmarks, and historical landmarks.


Here are some interesting facts about Germany: 

  1. Germany has the largest economy in Europe.
  2. Germany is in the phase of wiping Nuclear Power Plants out.
  3. Over 100 Germans have won the Nobel Prize, including Albert Einstein.
What country would you have chosen? I hope you enjoyed this post, stay safe. Goodbye.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ben. Great post. I like the way you have explained your reasons for going to Germany. I learned somethings too - like wiping out Nuclear Power Plants. I would choose South Africa because I have not been there before and there is amazing wildlife and scenery. I would do a safari. I hope all is well with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia ora Mrs Lindsay. I didn't even know that Germany had Nuclear Power Plants until I had looked up some facts about Germany. I thought because they have a lot more resources than what a lot of other countries do, they would be using coal for power. If you went to South Africa and do a Safari, what animals would you hope to see?

      Delete