Pages

Wednesday, October 16, 2019

STEAM challenge

Kia ora, in Te Ngahere we did a STEAM challenge. We were learning how to make a free standing tower using limited materials. For the STEAM challenge we were given two sheets of newspaper and 30 cm of tape. The challenge was, we had to build the tallest free standing tower with the materials we were given. Another thing that made this challenge difficult was, we were only given 20 minutes to complete it. The group I was in kept coming up with ideas but we couldn’t really choose what idea to use because there were so many, but in the end we just made a tower because there were only six minutes left. It was pretty frustrating because when we had started making the tower it wasn’t balancing properly. Next time I think I will help my group a bit more. Do you think this would be difficult for you if you tried this challenge?

3 comments:

  1. Hey Ben! I really Like you Blog post about the STEAM Challenge. In your post you say you could have helped Mark S and I more with the tower. The only reason we had a tower was because of your ideas! Though I will admit it was really tough! What was the hardest bit about this for you? Keep up the good work! Jack

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ben it’s Zane here and I really liked your blog post about the STEAM challenge that we did last week because it reminded me of all the other cool newspaper towers that people were making. I really like the way you wrote about what you did because it made much easier to understand and it makes it more entertaining. To improve you could maybe write more about what you learnt instead of writing more about what you did.
    What did your tower look like?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Ben it's me Ricardo. I liked your blog post about the paper tower. In your writing you said “do you think this would be more difficult for you if you tried this challenge?” my answer is yes because I have already done the challenge. Also I think that was a very good idea because you're asking a question and when you ask a question you will normally get an answer, in this case it will be a comment. I think the words that went really well in your blog post are, Free standing Tower and limited materials. Next time can you please add a photo if possible. keep up the good blog posts bye.

    ReplyDelete