Pages

Tuesday, April 21, 2020

SLJ Day 5: Books!

Kia ora, today was all about books. I recommended a book to a Kiwi called Curious Kiwi. I wasn't sure what sort of genre Curious Kiwi was into so I assumed they were into the same genre as I am. Coincidentally I recommended The Hunger Games to him, then on the next activity we had to choose a book we would take with us. We had three choices and The Hunger Games, Catching Fire was there.


I would recommend The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, to Curious Kiwi. Only I don’t know what Genre Curious Kiwi is; but if Curious Kiwi is interested in the same genre as what I am, I would strongly recommend The Hunger Games. The Hunger Games, is written by Suzanne Collins. Sometime in the distant future, after a civil unrest, a war and many natural disasters, a country called Panem is formed, there are 14 districts in Panem; one being in charge of all the others, and one completely destroyed. Every year they hold an annual ‘Hunger Games’. Children from the age of 12 - 18 are put into an arena and have to fight to the death as a reminder to all the districts to not underestimate the power of the Capitol.

The book I would choose is The Hunger Games: Catching Fire. Reasons being, that is my favourite book in The Hunger Games trilogy. The Hunger Games is my favourite series. It also shows how far humanity goes for entertainment, as brutal as it may be. Another thing it shows is, how fragile governments are, and all it takes is one thing to completely topple it, of course this is fiction but it has a strong meaning.

Here is the bonus activity, we had to write a small story. Here's the story I did.
I looked around the room. Nothing seemed unusual, but then a dog was sitting right next to me. I opened my mouth in awe, on its neck it had a collar, so I checked if it was registered; it was. I was so disappointed, but I realised something. It was registered to MY address! I opened the door and sprinted to my mum and dad, squeezing them, more than hugging them. “HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!” They both yell. I think for awhile and in the end I’m so confused because today’s not my birthday. I then hear a very loud beeping and I realise that it’s not my birthday, it’s all just one dream.. I wake up to a very depressing reality because I hear rats creeping around the top of the bunker remembering that we’d just been bombed by an Atomic Bomb. I open up a packet of chips and share them with my family but it isn’t really the same when you’re underground trying your hardest to survive.

I hope you enjoyed this, I know I enjoy writing these. Goodbye.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The words you used in this post were very good, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frequently posting with an intresting plot or story makes it a relief when you post.

    Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete