Pages

Friday, June 21, 2019

Animation

In Te Ngahere we did an animation about people's journeys to NZ, they could be in the past or in the present. We got the information  about the NZ Land Wars was by looking at a whole bunch of people’s journeys and one of the texts in there was a book about The NZ Land Wars. I learnt a lot about The NZ Land wars like why Hone Heke cut down the flagpole because before I thought he did it because he didn’t like the British putting up their own flag up but not the Maori. Another thing I learnt was that Hone Heke didn’t die because he was killed by the British but by another Maori pa and they had a lot of rules/laws of when they invaded. Mine and Tawhiri’s  animation was about the New Zealand Land Wars. We were only going to do it from the Maori perspective but there was no one here before so we couldn’t do the journey for them meaning we had to do the British perspective for the journey.


At first we were struggling to create people because we had to make weird humans on our  Google Slide but then Whaea Becks told the whole class a site that we could make people. The sites name is Funko Pop Yourself. It’s kind of weird doing people in the past though because they only have modern nice clothes. I enjoyed making most of the animations because it didn’t feel like we made as many slides as what we did. What I didn’t like was when we had to change our bullets to musket bullets on 88 slides which were actually moon png’s just shrunk but it looked like a musket bullet. It was annoying so when we completed it I was so happy I can’t even explain  how happy I was. Here is mine and Tawhiri’s animation.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Ben, I like your animation about the New Zealand wars and how the people tried to take over.It is very interesting from something that has happened in the past and you made an animation about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ben it’s me Mikaira. I like New Zealand Wars when it is Maori vs the British Empire and they fight in a war. It reminds me of when I was watching Discovery. How come there are girls in the Maori side but the British Empire has no girls?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ben my name is Hirini and I am a year 6 at kawakawaprimary and I like how you are writing about the new NZ wars with the Maori and the British
    and also the video it is amazing. If you want you can check out my blog
    here is the address-http://kpshirinih.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete